Monday, July 19, 2010

First Recipe

I was thinking about the first recipes that we learned as a child. Mine was Spagetti with my grandmother and it was delicious. I remember every week the smell of sauteing garlic and onions. The sound of tomatoes being squished and the taste of the perfect noodle. The memories of helping her make the noodles and make the sauce are ingrained to the point when I make that same sauce and those perfect noodles if I close my eyes the memories come flooding back.

Here is the recipe for you to try:
10 large summer tomatoes or 5 large hunts canned tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
2 yellow onions
Italian Seasoning
Oregano
Sugar
Ground Chuck optional

Wash and Blend the tomatoes and begin to heat them in a stock pot. In a small pan chop and satue the garlic and onions. Then slap them into the heating tomatoes. Brown the ground chuck and drain. Add meat to the sauce. Add water like 3 cups. Three shakes of oregano and italian seasonings and then add a little sugar to taste. Let simmer and cook until the smell is intoxicating most likely 3 to 4 hours and serve with noodles. Don't forget the parmigan and bon apetit.

No comments:

Post a Comment